As more homeowners become conscious about energy-efficiency, the demand is also increasing for heating systems that maximize energy and decrease utility costs. One ideal solution that fits this need is an underfloor heating system that can only be done by experts who offer heating services. A wet system, when used together with a condensing boiler, effectively heats up a room without using a significant amount of power.
But not many people understand how underfloor heating works. To a certain extent, it may seem like a complex installation project. But, according to installation experts liquidscreed.co.uk, this type of heating system is compatible with both renovation and new build projects.
Different types of underfloor heating installation
One common concern homeowners raise about radiant heating is the type of installation. There are several ways available, and here is a quick overview of your options:
- Concrete slab installation. This type of installation is simpler and maximises the system’s energy efficiency. But the key component in any heating system installation is insulation. Since much of the heat dissipates along the sides, you need to insulate all the areas where the heat could potentially escape.
- Staple-up installation. This method is popular for new builds and retrofits. But to ensure sufficient heat transfer, you need to install aluminium plate on the tubing.
- Suspended slab installation. The process involves heating installation on top of the subfloor. Then, a thin screed layer is applied on top before adding the floor finish.
- Plywood and plate installation. For retrofit projects where there is no access to the floor underneath, you can install the system above using the plywood and plate technique.
These methods have pros and cons and selecting one typically depends on the existing flooring. You may want to ask your contractor which option is best so that you can ensure maximum heat output and energy efficiency. With polished concrete perth you can be able to make your projects a reality.
Tips for efficient use of underfloor heating
Indeed the energy efficiency of a radiant heating system depends significantly on the installation method. But, as the homeowner, there are also some best practices you need to observe.
- Use the thermostat settings gently. It is a well-known misconception that turning the thermostat all the way up will not heat a room faster. As such, you need to be patient and control the settings slowly and wait for the system to heat up to your desired temperature. If you have a modern heating system, perhaps using a smart thermostat that you can control using a phone app is more convenient.
- Schedule regular maintenance checks. Another essential aspect of a heating system that functions efficiently is regular maintenance. Like your car, maintenance checks offer significant benefits. For instance, the technician can detect potential issues and fix them before getting any worse. Servicing also prolongs the life of the system and ensures that you enjoy optimum comfort all year round.
In conclusion, radiant heating is popular these days because it is an efficient heating method. By making sure that you choose the right installation method, heating repair service when needed and observe the proper way of using and caring for your heating appliance, you will surely appreciate the many benefits of an energy-saving system.